What are ARCC’s COVID-19 Protocols?
ARCC’s COVID-19 protocols have been evolving since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Highlights of our current COVID-19 prevention protocols include:
– All ARCC students and instructors on ARCC programs are required to receive both a primary and a second Covid-19 vaccination prior to arriving on an ARCC program. The second vaccine must be administered 14 or more days before program start.
– Two COVID-19 tests. Test #1 within 72 hours of arrival on the program. Tests #2 occurs within the first 7 to 10 days of the program. Additional testing beyond this first test may be required, depending on a program’s itinerary or as needed throughout the program.
– Ten-day pretrip health, symptoms, and temperature diary
– Temperature/symptoms checks 2 times daily on program until COVID-19 test #2 comes back negative
– Masks on within the group until COVID-19 test #2 is determined to be negative
– Maintain the group “bubble” as is reasonable throughout the program. The itineraries have been changed to limit exposure to outsiders as much as possible.
These are just the highlights of our COVID-19 prevention protocols. We would be happy to provide you with our multipage COVID-19 Protocols and Procedures document which has more details including how we will respond under various infection scenarios. Just give us a call at 415-332-5075.
How is ARCC monitoring the situation?
As you might imagine, we have been continuously monitoring the ongoing situation very closely. We have longtime partners on the ground around the world and are getting updates from them almost on a daily basis.
In addition to closely monitoring state and county restrictions in our areas of operation, ARCC also receives updates from the State Department travel program, the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as dozens of news sources. We feel we have a good grasp on the circumstances in the areas in which we operate.
What are our resources on the ground?
For all ARCC international destinations we have a local partner, on the ground, in that country. Our partners are invaluable resources for us. They provide local knowledge, current information, logistics assistance, and access to resources normally not available to outsiders. They are well connected in their communities and act as an important safety net if an emergency occurs.
Can ARCC change an itinerary once a program has started?
Yes. We can easily make changes to any itinerary. Frankly, changes in itineraries as we adjust to regional requirements are to be expected in this environment. We plan for this and embed flexibility into our programming. ARCC has been dealing with “unusual” situations for almost 40 years. We have dealt with earthquakes, volcanoes, coups, border closures, civil unrest, and many other unpredictable events. Our infrastructure allows us to quickly make changes to an itinerary and we have the global resources to effortlessly make these adjustments.
What if ARCC Cancels a program?
If ARCC cancels a program prior to the start date due to COVID-19 factors, you will have 3 options available to you:
– Join an alternate program within the same season pending availability.
– Roll your enrollment over to a future ARCC program.
– Receive a full refund of any payments made.
I’m still uncomfortable. What should I do?
If you still have additional questions, please give us a call at 415-332-5075. Please know that we look at everything we do and everywhere we travel through the lens of student safety and we would be happy to share our thoughts with you.