What are ARCC’s COVID-19 Protocols?
ARCC’s COVID-19 protocols have been evolving since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Highlights of our current COVID-19 prevention protocols include:
– Three COVID-19 tests. Test #1 within 72 hours of arrival on the program. Tests #2 and #3 occur within the first 7 to 10 days of the program.
– Maintain the group “bubble” as is reasonable throughout the program. The itineraries have been changed to limit exposure to outsiders as much as possible.
– Ten-day pretrip health, symptoms, and temperature diary
– Temperature/symptoms checks 2 times daily on program until COVID-19 test #3 comes back negative
– Individual tents for all students and instructors on camping programs. Limited sharing of rooms on non-camping programs.
– ARCC provided hand wash stations at all campsites to limit exposure to outsiders
– Masks on within the group until COVID-19 test #3 is determined to be negative
– Masks on any time in the presence of someone outside of our group “bubble”
These are just the highlights of our COVID-19 prevention protocols. We would be happy to provide you with our multipage COVID-19 Protocols and Procedures document which has more details including how we will respond under various infection scenarios. Just give us a call at 415-332-5075.
How is ARCC monitoring the situation?
As you might imagine, we have been continuously monitoring the ongoing situation very closely. We have longtime partners on the ground around the world and are getting updates from them almost on a daily basis.
In addition to closely monitoring state and county restrictions in our areas of operation, ARCC also receives updates from the State Department travel program, the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as dozens of news sources. We feel we have a good grasp on the circumstances in the areas in which we operate.
What are our resources on the ground?
Everywhere ARCC operates we have a local partner, on the ground, in that country. Our partners are invaluable resources for us. They provide local knowledge, current information, logistics assistance, and access to resources normally not available to outsiders. They are well connected in their communities and act as an important safety net if an emergency occurs.
Can ARCC change an itinerary once a program has started?
Yes. We can easily make changes to any itinerary. Frankly, changes in itineraries as we adjust to regional requirements are to be expected in this environment. We plan for this and embed flexibility into our programming. ARCC has been dealing with “unusual” situations for almost 40 years. We have dealt with earthquakes, volcanoes, coups, border’s closing, civil unrest, and many other unpredictable events. Our infrastructure allows us to quickly make changes to an itinerary and we have the global resources to effortlessly make these adjustments.
What if ARCC Cancels a program?
If ARCC cancels a program prior to the start date, you will receive a full refund of your deposit and any program payments.
I’m still uncomfortable. What should I do?
If you still have additional questions, please give us a call at 415-332-5075. Please know that we look at everything we do and everywhere we travel through the lens of student safety and we would be happy to share our thoughts with you.